Finding time to blog since I’ve been back to work ahs been a challenge. I’m still in the uphill swing of the learning curve for this working momma gig & trying to get everything done in the 3-4 hours I have at home each evening.
But I’ve always been a list person by nature so I figured I could at least come up with a list of 10 things that are making me happy right now.
- The way Hannah says “momma.” She’s taken a lot longer than Madison to talk but hearing the way her sweet voice says momma with her hands upstretched twoard me makes me swoon.
- Morning talk radio. I ahven’t listened to it in years & I’ve msised getting lost in the funny bits during a morning commute.
- Madison’s imagination. Her stories are the highlight of my day. She thinks so outside of the box and comes upw ith the wackiets ideas & I love every one of them.
- The way I miss my girls so much that my heart starts beating faster on the way to pick them up from daycare. I always said the hardest part of being a stay at home mom (for me) was never missing the girls. By the time Clint was home frmo work I watned to run away & hide. Now I look forward to kissing their faces & soaking them in.
- Texting/Emailing with cross-country friends & sharing a virtual glass of wine.
- Josh Weathers Band. If you’ve never heard of him, go look him up. He’s local to Dallas-Fort Worth & is this mix of soul/blues/classic rock/jazz & it rocks my face. He’s not too hard on the eyes either.
- Margaritas by the pool. Going to my parents every Sunday & drinking margaritas by their pool has become a thing & I never want it to stop.
- Registering for my first 5k! I’ll be doing the Color me Rad 5K in Fort Worth in September with a group of friends.
- Losing weight. It may not be monumental numbers but overall the scale is consistently going down and I’m confident I can lose another 5-10 lbs before my 30th birthday.
- Speaking of 30th… I turn 30 in 6 weeks and I can’t wait. I thought I’d be all depressed but I’m really excited. Bring it on.
What about you? What’s making you happy right now?