Up next, my Maddie-cakes.
1. The kid can sleep in some whacky positions. No matter how stressful the day or how much she tests my patience, I always go in to re-tuck her in and give her a kiss. It’s the highlight of my day.
2. She has a BFF that is also named Maddie. They are 3 weeks apart. Her mom, Heather, & I were best friends growing up. It’s pretty awesome.
3. Her imagination is endless. Watching her play alone and create stories and characters never gets old.
4. She makes everything we do together special. That kid has such a joy for life and calls everything we do “the best day ever.” Her love of life is contagious.
5. She’s brilliant & I’m not just a parent saying that. Strangers stop me all the time to ask me how old she is because of everything she knows & says. It’s both a blessing & a curse. Sometimes I think I forget that she is JUST SHY of three and don’t always treat her like a 3 year old.
6. She’s a natural beauty. The kid can be covered in dirt, disheveled hair & mis-matched clothing and she still gets stopped by everyone she meets.
7. Do not let that angelic face & doe-eyes fool you. That kid can throw a MEAN fit. Sometimes my head spins at how fast she can go from sugary sweet to demon & back to sweet. 3 is hard, yo.
8. She is an amazing big sister. She has to put up with a lot having a little sister so close in age to her but she is so loving & doting even when Hannah annoys the crap out of her.
9. She’s insanely pigeon toed. It’s adorable now, but for her sake I hope it corrects itself later.
10. She went through so much in her first 9 months: harness, traction, surgery, two body casts & a brace. Through it all she was still the happiest, most easy-going baby and it has definitely shaped the kid she is today. She has inspired me since birth & is just an awesome little girl.
Likes include: the color pink, chicken nuggets, tutus, painting her nails, pocoyo, swimming, reading books, coloring, running super fast, dancing, cheese, yogurt, chocolate milk & playing with her best friends.
Dislikes include: being told no, her sister taking her toys, black beans, bread (unless it has pb&j on it), bedtime, nap time, listening in general.