- We found out that Madison had Developmental Dysplasia of the Hips at 2 months old.
- At 2.5 months she was in a pavlik harness, by 5 months she was placed in bryant’s traction.
- At 5.5 months she had an open reduction followed by 12 weeks in a Spica Cast.
When all of this began I started doing lots of internet research and realized that there weren’t all that many resources out there that weren’t medical related. That stuff was useful, but I wanted the real stuff like what you do when poop explodes into the cast and how on earth you entertain a child that doesn’t fit into anything?
If you came across this blog because your child has DDH, please shoot me an email, I’d love to hear from you.
I have have compiled the following list of hip dysplasia resources. As I find more, they will be added to the list.
1. Pictures and Video of Madison in Bryant’s Traction.
2. Video of Madison Before and After Her Open Reduction on March 16, 2010.
3. Madison’s Cast Change on April 27, 2010.
4. Our Spica Survival Guide - A list of things that have worked well for Madison.
5. Yahoo! Groups for Hipbabies! Join for some great support and resources.
6. Hip Baby - Written by parents who have been through children with Hip Dysplasia
7. HapEllyEverafter - Danielle is an awesome hip-baby momma and her daughter is also kicking ass at the Spica Cast.